Last Updated: January 1, 2024
2. HIPAA and Your Protected Health Information
3. The Categories of Information We Collect
When you use the Services, we collect personal information that can be used to identify you. The types of personal information we collect depends on your interactions with us and may fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Identifiers, such as your name, age, e-mail address, username, password, other registration information, and IP address.
- Health information, such as information or records relating to your medical or health history, health status, laboratory testing results, treatment and examination notes, diagnostic images, and other health related information.
- Protected class and demographic information, such as age, date of birth, sex, gender, race, marital status, and sexual orientation.
- Commercial and billing information, such as information about the Services purchased or obtained, consuming history and tendences, billing name and address, and credit card information.
- Device information, consisting of information about the computer or mobile device you are using to connect to the Services. The information we receive from these devices may include browsing IP address, unique identifiers such as MAC address, usage information, crash data, device performance characteristics and hardware information, and WiFi network information.
- Internet or other electronic activity information, such as what Internet browser you use, clickstream patters, session information, browser and operating system type, date/time stamps, cookie identifiers, language preferences, and other information about how you use the Services.
- Geolocation data, such as physical location or device location, including zip code.
- Biometric information, such as physiological, biological, and behavioral characteristics, and genetic and health information.
- Audio, electronic, visual, or other sensory information, such as audio records, videos, images, and photographs.
- Inferences drawn from the information we collect about you to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, behaviors, and characteristics.
Some of the data we collect may be considered sensitive, including your log-in name and password that you use to access your user account on the Services, precise geolocation, racial or ethnic origin, and health and genetic data.
4. The Sources of Your Information
We collect your personal information from different sources, including:
- Directly from you. We may collect information directly through your use of the Services, completion of registration forms, account creation, provider visits, communication with Gennev representatives, or other direct interactions with us, such as emails, messaging, or video conferencing.
- Through automated data technologies. We may collect your information using automated data collection technologies as described in the “Information We Collect via Automated Technologies” section below. For example, we may collect the IP (Internet protocol) address of the device you use to access our Services and other browsing information, such as page request, browser type, operating system, and average time spent on our Services.
- From third parties. We may obtain your information through third-party sources, such as from your family members and personal representatives who are registered with or interact with Gennev. We also may receive information from social media companies through which you interact with us – the information we receive may depend on your settings with that social media company. We may combine this information with the information we collect about you to help us tailor our communications and improve our Services.
5. How We Use Your Information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the Services. We may use your information to connect you with our Providers, provide customer support (e.g., administer your account, process your payments, fulfill your orders, respond to your questions and comments), verify your identity create and maintain business records, and send you communications about the Service.
- To improve the quality of the Services offered. We may use your information to conduct quality reviews, market research and analysis, analysis of how the Services are being used and accessed, improve the functionality of the Services and your user experience, and similar activities.
- For research and development purposes. We may de-identify or aggregate your information, including your Protected Health Information to conduct research, develop, and improve our products and Services. Where we aggregate or deidentify your information, we take reasonable steps to ensure the information is not reidentified except as required by or pursuant to applicable law.
- To building and maintain our relationship with you. We may use your information to notify you when Service updates are available, to send you marketing and promotional messages about the Services that may be of interest to you, send you educational materials, and obtain and respond to your feedback, questions, and comments.
- To comply with legal obligations. We may use your information to comply with our legal obligations, including maintaining records of our compliance with federal and state law requirements. We may also use your information to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- Per your instructions. We may also use your information to fulfill any purpose for which you provide us personal information or for which you give us your consent.
6. How We Disclose Your Information.
We may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, to coordinate general business operations and marketing across the company.
- To contractors and other service providers that we use to support our business, such as marketing and IT vendors. It is our policy to enter into contracts with these service providers to limit their use of and to protect your personal information.
- To other third parties to whom you ask us to send your personal information or to which you’ve provided your consent.
- As required or permitted by law, which can include providing information as required by a regulation, subpoena, court order, legal process, or government inquiry. We may also disclose your data to third parties when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Gennev’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information maintained by the Services is among the assets transferred.
7. Information We Collect Via Automated Technologies
As you use the Services, certain information may be collected by cookies, pixels, session replay tools, and other similar technologies. This information is used to improve your experience while using our Services and browsing the Internet.
While the technologies we may use change from time to time, they generally fall into one of the following categories:
- Strictly necessary. These technologies are strictly necessary in order for you to use the Services, load, and view content, and access your account.
- Functionality. These technologies help us remember you and personalize features and content for you on the Services.
- Preference. These technologies allow us to capture and store your information privacy related preferences (e.g., your opt-in and opt-out), account settings, and certain login information.
- Analytics. These technologies help us and our service providers compile statistics and analytics about platform users, including traffic, usage, demographic, and trend data, which will enable us to understand how users engage with our Services.
- Advertising. These technologies will display advertising on the Services and on third-party websites and services. Some of these advertisements may be interest-based, meaning that they are tailored to your interests or behaviors on the Services or on other websites.
To learn more about cookies and similar technologies, please visit https://allaboutcookies.org/. To set your preferences with respect to the automated technologies we use to collect your personal information, you may:
- Adjust the settings in your web or mobile device browser. Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies, and you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set.
- You may opt out of receiving interest-based advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool. This opt-out tool works only for advertisers who are part of the Network Advertising Initiative.
- You may configure your preferences in our preference center preference center.
Some web browsers include a DNT feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have their Internet activity tracked. While we are committed to respecting your privacy choices, these features are not uniform. For that reason, but our Services may not recognize or respond to DNT technologies.
8. Opting Out of Marketing Emails
We may send you emails with marketing or other promotional content. If you do not want to receive marketing emails from us, you may unsubscribe by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link that appears in the marketing emails that we send. Alternatively, you may contact us using the information that appears in the “Questions” section. Please be aware that, even if you unsubscribe from emails, you might continue to receive emails from us concerning legal matters and other important topics.
9. How to Update or Modify Information or Close an Account
Gennev will not verify, modify, or otherwise alter any of your personal information without your consent; however, Gennev may correct any internal errors or modify any immaterial information. You may be able to update some of your information through the Services. You may also submit requests to modify their information or close their account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. International Users
The Services are intended for residents of the United States. Information we collect will be stored on secure cloud-based servers in the United States. Information may be transmitted to third parties, which parties may store or maintain the data on their secure servers.
11. Steps We Take to Keep Your Personal Information Secure.
Gennev employs reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial security methods to help protect your information against loss, misuse, alternation, and unauthorized access of your information. Please be aware, however, that no data transmission via the Internet or a data storage facility is guaranteed to be perfectly secure. We encourage you to protect the security of your login information and to use caution when sharing your information via the Internet.
12. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain from us, once per year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes and the name and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request by writing to us using the contact information provided below. Please be aware, however, that we do not currently disclose your personal information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
13. Individuals Under Age 18
This Services are not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. We will not knowingly collect information from users under the age of eighteen (18). If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 18, we will take prompt steps to delete that information as soon as possible.
14. Third Party Sites
15. Report Violations
You should report any security violations to us or any suspected authorized uses of your accounts by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.