- Important Definitions.
- When we use the term “De-Identified Information”, we mean information that is neither used nor intended to be used to personally identify an individual, and for which there is no reasonable basis to believe that the information can be used to identify an individual.
- When we use the term “Cookies”, we mean the small pieces of information that a Site sends to your browser while you are viewing a website. When you visit that website again, the Cookie allows the website to recognize your web browser. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences, and other information.
- HIPAA. Our privacy practices are intended to comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA“). We will maintain the privacy of your Protected Health Information (“PHI”) as required by HIPAA and the regulations promulgated thereunder. We encourage you to review our Notice of Privacy Practices, which may be found at /PrivacyPractices/ and which describes how we may use and disclose your Health Information.
- Other Applicable Law. California residents have special protections under state law regarding the access and use of Personal Information. See Cal. Civil Code §§ 1798.80 to .84.
- Individuals Under Age 18. This Site is not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. We will not knowingly collect information from Site users under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under age 18, please do not attempt to use the Site or any of our Services or provide any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
- The Personal Information we may collect and/or maintain includes (but is not limited to):
- Your name, age, e-mail address, username, password, and other registration information;
- Health Information that you provide to us, which may include information or records relating to your medical or health history, health status, laboratory testing results, diagnostic images, and other health related information;
- Health information about you prepared by the health care provider(s) who provide the Services through the Site such as medical records, treatment and examination notes, and other health related information;
- Billing information that you provide us, such as credit card information;
- Information about the computer or mobile device you are using, such as what Internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how you use the Site; and
- Other information that you input into the Site.
- Gennev may use your Personal Information for the following purposes (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
- To provide you with the Services and customer support (e.g., administer your account, process your payments, fulfill your orders);
- Verify your identity;
- To improve the quality of the Services offered, through the performance of quality reviews and similar activities;
- To create De-Identified Information (e.g., aggregate statistics) relating to the use of the Services;
- To notify you when Site updates are available;
- To market and promote the Site and the Services to you (you can “opt out” of receiving direct marketing and/or market research inquiries by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that even if you opt-out, we may still send you certain Site and Services related communications.);
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Information; and
- For any other purpose for which you give us authorization.
- Gennev also may disclose your Personal Information that we collect or that you provide (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To third parties to whom you ask us to send such information. If applicable, any disclosures to your health plan will be in strict compliance with the limitations imposed on disclosures of PHI to group health plans under HIPAA.
- As required or permitted by law, which can include providing information as required by a regulation, subpoena, court order, legal process, or government inquiry;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Gennev’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information maintained by the Site is among the assets transferred; and
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the Personal Information.
- We will not sell or lease your Personal Information to any third party.
At Gennev, we strive to bring you the best, most recent, most trustworthy health information there is. Your safety is always our first priority.
To achieve that, we insist that all content producers (writers, podcasters, etc.) follow strict procedures to ensure the accuracy of the information we share. Every story we provide is scrupulously researched, every claim substantiated by an expert authority. Each story is reviewed by at least two editors and a licensed medical professional before publication. Content is regularly reviewed and updated to keep our information current and accurate.
Editorial Independence and Affiliate Links
Gennev does, periodically, partner with a vendor on content. Any content that involves an exchange of money or goods, or where there is an affiliate agreement, is clearly marked as such. We will never endorse a product we have no personal knowledge of or believe to be unsafe.
Gennev Editorial Staff
Our Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Rebecca Dusnmoor-Su MSCE, NCMP, FACOG, is an OB/GYN and epidemiologist. As both MD and epidemiologist, she is uniquely qualified to review not only our content but the studies we reference in our research.
We also rely on the Gennev Telemedicine physicians and coaches for their professional expertise. Our physicians are MDs and usually menopause-certified by The North American Menopause Society. All our Menopause Coaches are Registered Dietitians.
Our editorial staff are all highly trained professional writers with experience writing in health care, finance, technology, small business, SEO, content marketing, and more. All are trained in health care research, including determining the quality and relevance of information.
Research misconduct: all articles are guaranteed free of fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism as outlined by the US Office of Research Integrity. Evidence of editorial misconduct will result in termination.
Shipping: Expected delivery time is 3-5 business days.
All purchases of $30 or more receive free shipping. Applies to orders in the United States only.
We want you to be happy! Gennev has a 30-day money-back guarantee on all products and services.
If you are unsatisfied with any product, within 30 days of purchase please send any remaining portion of the product with receipt to Gennev Returns, 11335 NE 122nd Way, Suite 105, Kirkland WA 98034.
For services, including telemedicine appointments and the Healthfix subscription, simply send an email to email@example.com