Gennev is a digital health platform that offers menopause care and education.
Our mission is to empower women to take control of their health in the second half of life, starting with menopause. Menopause is something every woman goes through, but few are prepared for. In the past 12 months, we’ve engaged 2 million women seeking medical care and education for managing their menopause symptoms. If you’re driven by pioneering new approaches in health and wellness using technology, then Gennev may be a culture and company for you.
What We’re Building
Gennev is building the digital health platform for women in the second half of life, starting with menopause. We offer telehealth consultations with OB/GYNs and Registered Dietitians, health & wellness products and on-demand education. Gennev has the nation’s largest network of menopause specialists and is part of the Unified Women’s Healthcare network of providers.
We are seeking a Product Designer to improve and create a supportive, engaging patient experience for women in menopause. We designed this system from scratch so that it can best support our patients while our team could maintain control over flow and design. Our patient experience is often the first time a patient shares their quality of life, symptoms with menopause, and potentially their first time using a telehealth platform.
As a freelance contractor, you will work alongside our Engineering and Patient Care teams to deeply understand the patient workflows as well as their teams’ processes for engaging with our patients. With a craft for details, you’ll create the architecture, user flows, navigation models, user interfaces, and micro-interactions that shape how patients interact with their patient dashboard, assessment results, and bring these to life in the final product.
- Collaborating deeply with Product and Engineering to craft thoughtful, and meaningful solutions to our patient dashboard and flow.
- Wireframe and design workflow for accepting new forms of payment for our patient visit options, working closely with Engineering and Marketing to achieve a successful launch of this new development.
- Continuously seek and integrate user feedback and test results to optimize solutions.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high-fidelity prototypes that can be understood by relevant teams.
- Building meaningful partnerships with Product and Engineering, ensuring all are aligned on who the patient is, the mission of the team, etc.
- Continuously identify opportunities to reduce waste, focus on what’s most important. Simplicity is the name of the game.
- Understand the patient workflow within our partner EHR, Athena Health, and educate our patients on the benefits + necessity of Athena Health.
- You have an open mind to the vast skillsets of our teammates at the company. We’re frequently in awe of each other, so we’re looking forward to seeing what you can do too!
- Empathic to the menopausal experience and our patients. We are usually the first time that a patient is supported in menopause and/or telehealth.
- You are passionate about enhancing the experience of doctors and patients, solving interesting challenges, and designing new solutions.
- You understand when it’s more useful to drive towards execution versus dive into exploration
- Energy and passion for women’s health is a must
- 3-5+ years as a Product Designer in an agile environment. We’re looking for seasoned product designers as opposed to web or UI designers looking to make a transition.
- An online portfolio including in-depth dives to couple projects you've worked on, and your journey to the final solution
- You have solid design skills and are fluent in using appropriate design tools to support all phases of the design process (Figma, Miro, or Lucid, etc)
- Exposure, passion and curiosity for complex problems - ex: large scale systems and internal tools
- Ability to thrive working in small cross-functional teams with engineers, marketing, clinical, among others
- A focus on human and value-centered design-you think about design decisions that drive the business forward while ensuring all users get the best experience
- Experience ensuring end-to-end experiences are meaningful, cohesive, accessible and usable;
- Bonus: Experience working with a marketing team for acquisition + CRO goals
- Bonus: Experience with Healthcare, Women’s Health
We are deeply committed to the diversity of our customers and want that represented in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage everyone to apply.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org.