Gennev is a digital health platform that offers menopause care and education.
Our mission is to empower women to take control of their health in the second half of life, starting with menopause. Menopause is something every woman goes through, but few are prepared for. In the past 12 months, we’ve engaged 2 million women seeking medical care and education for managing their menopause symptoms. If you’re driven by pioneering new approaches in health and wellness using technology, then Gennev may be a culture and company for you.
What We’re Building
Gennev is building the digital health platform for women in the second half of life, starting with menopause. We offer telehealth consultations with OB/GYNs and Registered Dietitians, health & wellness products and on-demand education. Gennev has the nation’s largest network of menopause specialists and is part of the Unified Women’s Healthcare network of providers.
The Job As a Certified Clinical Medical Biller and Coder (CMBC) you will be responsible for organizing patient medical costs and sending invoices and claims to collect payment from patients and their insurers through Gennev’s EMR Provider, Athena. The CMBC will be responsible for reworking and resubmitting denied claims, answering billing questions from patients, and tracking and collecting AR balances. A large portion of Medical Billing and Coding involves acting as a critical liaison between physicians’ offices, patients, and insurance companies.
1. Responsible for abstracting provider services into billable codes (CPT, HCPCS, & ICD-10) from the medical documentation in accordance with the coding ethics of AAPC, AHIMA, and NAMAS and payer coverage guidelines in an accurate and timely manner.
2. Post and reconcile practice charges daily.
3. Verify documentation of medical necessity of services such as lack of supporting diagnoses; incomplete or missing documentation along with any inappropriate coding and documentation trends before a claim is billed.
4. Reference coding and payer resources to accurately code and bill the provider documented services.
5. Feel confident in drafting appeal letters regarding coding denials along with any supporting documentation.
6. Manage and track AR, and continuously work with the Director of Clinical Operations for make these processes more efficient as we grow
7. Participate in process improvement meetings and team meetings to help achieve efficient workflows.
8. Contribute to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adhere to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. You hold a Medical Billing and Coding Certification
2. You are kind and dedicated to supporting women through midlife and menopause.
3. You are self-driven and able to take end-to-end ownership of any project you are assigned.
4. You have the tenacity to tackle big problems,
5. You have demonstrated the ability to learn new technologies and systems to deliver whatever the business needs.
6. Strong written and spoken communication skills.
7. Energy and passion for women’s health.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically with patients, clinical and administrative team members and physician staff while being remote.
9. Fundamental computer skills needed, but platform specific training will be provided. Will receive training and must be able to incorporate fundamental aspects of the clinical organization including clinical operational workflows and patient confidentiality.
10. Ability to work independently and as part of a high performing team.
11. Ability to effectively manage multiple, competing priorities.
12. Ability to thrive in fast-paced work environment in a growing company.
a) High school diploma required, 2+ years of college preferred
a) Certification from the APC or AAPC highly preferred
a) Have experience properly coding (CPT, HCPCS, & ICD-10) services from the medical documentation in accordance with the coding ethics of AAPC, AHIMA, and NAMAS.
b) EHR experience required, preferably AthenaOne/Athenahealth
c) Proficient computer skills, specifically with Microsoft software including Teams, Outlook, and SharePoint.
· Healthcare, vision and dental.
· 401k Plan
· Remote work offers flexibility in workspace, style and time.
· Paid Holidays
We are deeply committed to the diversity of our customers and want that represented in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage everyone to apply. To apply, email email@example.com.